Greenwich Country Day Upper School Parking

With more students and faculty on the way, how is GCDS going to create more parking?

The back parking lot for the Greenwich Country Day high school is always completely full of cars. In addition to all of the students and faculty, the Greenwich Country Day busses are kept back here.

The overwhelming number of cars this year is attributed to the construction sites around the campus. The workers have taken the majority of the parking spots on the side of the athletic fields. Additionally, the large construction vehicles often cause congestion with traffic flow. (However, this construction has given everyone excitement for more new facilities and hopefully parking spaces.)

The main parking lot right next to the north building is also always packed with cars. This lot was recently designated to staff. As a result, students are often parking on the side of the road due to the lack of open spaces.

The parking problems should and can be solved by giving seniority privileges to upper class students. This way, faculty will be provided with this parking space by the north building and students will be able to find spaces because of the smaller number of drivers.

Students and faculty have started to park anywhere possible as shown by this image. The side of this road is always filled with cars during the week.